Why choose Endura-Max Plus Electrolyte Paste?
Easy to carry and easy to administer, each single-serving syringe of Endura-Max Plus Paste provides the ingredients necessary to support optimal long-distance performance and maintain a healthy gastric environment. This dual-action electrolyte paste keeps your horse going down the trail.
Endurance horses’ electrolyte needs are unique during competition and training
On the trail, endurance horses deplete electrolytes differently than the average horse. Electrolyte research has shown that not only do endurance horses lose sodium, chloride, and potassium, but also high levels of calcium and magnesium. Endura-Max Plus Paste has a unique formula that contains the key electrolytes lost when endurance horses sweat and helps maintain healthy acids levels in the stomach.
Endura-Max Plus Paste facts:
- Concentrated electrolyte; replenishes electrolytes and supports normal gastric environment.
- Convenient oral syringe eliminates the need for mixing powdered electrolytes with messy yogurt or applesauce.
- Easy to administer on the trail or at check points.
- Replenishes the additional calcium and magnesium depleted during long, slow work.
Endura-Max Plus Paste is recommended for:
Endurance horses in training
Endurance horses in competition
Each 60cc syringe provides:
Sodium (Min.) 6,600 mg
Chloride (Min.) 14,000 mg
Potassium (Min.) 4,300 mg
Calcium (Min.) 900 mg
Magnesium (Min.) 180 mg
What makes Endura-Max Plus Paste unique?
Endura-Max Plus Paste was formulated to address the special needs of the endurance horse. Its unique formula contains the normal electrolytes lost in sweat, as well as added calcium and magnesium that are often depleted during long rides. Endura-Max also contains ingredients that support normal gastric pH levels and help maintain a comfortable stomach.
Many electrolytes contain as much as 85% dextrose (sugar). The concentration of electrolytes in Endura-Max Plus Paste is uniquely high and it contains a minimal amount of sugar.
Serving and Storage
Endura-Max Plus Paste serving instructions:
Prior to or during competition:
- For immediate supplementation or pre-loading prior to competition: ½ to 1 tube
- During competition: 1 tube at each mandatory stop
Daily supplementation of electrolytes to an endurance horse is discretionary. When horses sweat, they lose electrolytes and fluid. Extremely dry climates or cool temperatures can cause sweat to evaporate quickly, causing a rider to underestimate the amount of sweat a horse is producing. Daily temperature, humidity, and workload should be taken into consideration when supplementing with electrolytes.
- Horses in light endurance training should receive 1 tube per day.
- Horses in moderate endurance training should receive 2 tubes per day, divided into two separate feedings.
- Horses in heavy endurance training require 3 tubes per day, divided into three separate feedings.
Always provide free-choice, clean water to horses receiving electrolyte supplementation. Lack of adequate water in a diet supplemented with electrolytes may lead to dehydration and other serious metabolic disorders.
A veterinarian should be consulted before giving electrolytes to a horse that is unwilling to drink or cannot drink.
Storage and shelf life:
Store Endura-Max Plus Paste in a cool, dry place. Protect from freezing or extreme heat. Shelf life is 24 months from date of manufacture when stored under suitable conditions.
60 cc oral syringe