Recommended nutritional supplement for horses challenged by equine metabolic syndrome and PPID
- Is It Equine Metabolic Syndrome or Cushing’s Disease
- Supportive Management Practices for Horses With Equine Metabolic Syndrome (EMS) or Cushing’s Disease (PPID)
- Recommended nutritional supplement for horses challenged by equine metabolic syndrome and PPID
Click here to download a print version of this infographic.
Text-only version of “Recommended nutritional supplement for horses challenged by equine metabolic syndrome and PPID”
A cutting-edge supplement research-proven to support healthy insulin regulation.
- A synergistic blend of polyphenols and amino acids, including leucine, that supports normal insulin regulation.
- Research-proven to help maintain healthy body weight and normal fat distribution.
- Sustains healthy hoof laminae.
- Ask your vet if InsulinWise is right for your horse.
Elevate® Maintenance Powder
Provides the natural vitamin E missing from diets when grazing on fresh green grass is restricted.
- Maintains adequate levels of vitamin E in horses’ diets to support healthy muscle and nerve functions.
- Sustains a strong immune system, which is important in horses that are challenged by poor immune response.
Provides vitamins and trace minerals to fill in nutritional gaps.
- Meets nutritional requirements in horses that are unable to consume recommended levels of fortified commercial feeds.
- Supplies the nutrients missing from an all-forage diet when grazing on fresh grass is limited.
- Low in sugar with healthy protein levels.
Provides omega-3 fatty acids that support healthy inflammation levels and a strong immune system.
- An affordable way to include both beneficial plant (alpha-linolenic acid) and marine (EPA and DHA) sources of omega-3 fatty acids into the diet.
- Concentrated formula.
- Feed just 1 to 2 ounces per day.
A low-sugar hoof and coat supplement.
- Supports healthy hoof growth in feet that are recovering from a bout of laminitis.
- Maintains a reduced incidence of toe cracks, quarter cracks and other hoof abnormalities that stem from weak hoof walls.
- Aids in the eliminating of dry, flaky hair coats and brittle manes and tails.
Supports a healthy digestive tract, which is particularly important in horses stressed by diet changes, medications and/or grazing restrictions.
- Maintains normal acid levels and healthy gastric tissues.
- Contains prebiotics and probiotics, particularly Saccharomyces boulardii (a true probiotic), which sustain a healthy environment in the small intestine and hindgut.
If you think your horse is challenged by EMS or PPID, seek the advice of your veterinarian. He or she will help you chart the best treatment and management plan for your horse’s individual circumstances.