Quick tips to keep your horse’s water clean
Click here to download a print version of this infographic.
Text-only version of “Quick tips to keep your horse’s water clean”
Tip 1: Daily maintenance.
- Purchase a pool skimmer net to remove debris, insects, grass and algae from your horse’s water tank daily.
- Clean automatic watering bowls of debris and make sure they’re filling properly.
- Empty water buckets for stalled horses daily and give them a quick scrub.
Tip 2: Deep clean every few days.
- If your tank is too large for your horses to empty daily, fi¬ll it with just enough water for a two- to three-day supply.
- Every few days empty the tank and manually scrub it with a stiff brush, or use a pressure washer to clean it.
- Use natural apple cider vinegar as a cleaner. Avoid using diluted bleach.
- Discourage dogs from playing in the tank. They can deposit dirt and debris.
Tip 3: Provide extra buckets in stalls.
- If your horse likes to dip hay or feed in their water buckets, provide one bucket for dipping and another one for drinking.
Summer Games® Electrolyte
• Replenishes critical electrolytes in the proper ratios.
• Supports drinking and maintains hydration.