Taco Tuesday – Foot abscess edition
- It’s Taco Tuesday!
- Taco Tuesday special report
- Back in the day, I was a racehorse.
- To graze, or not to graze: that is the question
- It’s a miracle, I tell you, a miracle!
- The fine art of accepting treats from your human
- They called me the Cat Burglar
- Overall, the food here is very good.
- Inquiring minds want to know
- The new guy moves in
- Happy Vaccination Day
- Malfunctioning fly sheet edition
- The great escape
- Dog Days of Summer
- Down and Dirty
- The Quiet One
- Forest Monsters
- When the Farrier Comes
- Mealtime manner
- Happy Hour
- A day in the life.
- The Walking Wounded
- Ginger the racing pony
- Those Dangerous Cows and the Gate
- Drunken sailor and the pregnant lady
- How to eat hay 101
- Fly-free at last
- Body Work Edition
- Rainy days and dry stalls
- The dream galloping edition!
- Where did Mocha go?
- Flying squirrels and giant lizards
- Leo came to town
- It’s Taco Tuesday again!
- Facemask tug-of-war
- Hey, it is Taco here with an update!
- Taco Tuesday – Foot abscess edition
- What next?
Life has been interesting lately. I developed a big abscess in my hind foot. It was very painful, and I was a pitiful boy for several days. I laid around in my stall and wouldn’t go out and play. I didn’t want to stand on my foot. I had everyone pretty worried because typically I am a ball full of energy!
Finally, one of my favorite veterinarians, Dr. Gould, was able locate the nasty pocket and drain it. Sweet relief! I heard it was pretty yucky when all that gross pus came out. I don’t remember, I was out of it at the time. Mom videotaped it and was showing it to everyone. You know how moms are…
As usual, nothing I do is straightforward, so it took multiple exams and X-rays to find the offending nastiness and then I had to soak my foot and take antibiotics for a long time.
I am doing so much better now. Mom or the Short One wraps my foot every night, but I feel up to going out to be with my friends again. It is sooo nice to feel better and get back to my chipper self.
Here are some photos of my daily soaking sessions. I liked to lean on Mom’s shoulder and look pitiful. She gave me lots of extra hugs and kisses and treats. I especially liked all the extra treats!
Until my next adventure,