Fly-free at last
- It’s Taco Tuesday!
- Taco Tuesday special report:
- Back in the day, I was a racehorse.
- To graze, or not to graze: that is the question
- It’s a miracle, I tell you, a miracle!
- The fine art of accepting treats from your human
- They called me the Cat Burglar
- Overall, the food here is very good.
- Inquiring minds want to know
- The new guy moves in
- Happy Vaccination Day
- Malfunctioning fly sheet edition
- The great escape
- Dog Days of Summer
- Down and Dirty
- The Quiet One
- Forest Monsters
- When the Farrier Comes
- Mealtime manner
- Happy Hour
- A day in the life.
- The Walking Wounded
- Ginger the racing pony
- Those Dangerous Cows and the Gate
- Drunken sailor and the pregnant lady
- How to eat hay 101
- Fly-free at last
- Body Work Edition
- Rainy days and dry stalls
- The dream galloping edition!
- Where did Mocha go?
- Flying squirrels and giant lizards
- Leo came to town
- It’s Taco Tuesday again!
Do you know what the best thing about winter is? NO FLIES!!! I can’t complain enough about flies.
They drive me INSANE.
My people try hard to keep them off me. I have a fly mask, a fly sheet, and several kinds of fly sprays. Mom and the Short One (and anyone else who’s around) turn on the fan and keep my stall really clean, but those pesky flies are not easily deterred. They are particularly frantic in those last few warm days of fall. Between you and me, I think they know their days are numbered. I am always happy to wave goodbye to them after a few cold fall nights. In my opinion, there is nothing better than no flies at all.
All you horses going to Florida, I wish you the best because the way I hear it, all the flies that were here in Kentucky in the summer go to Florida for the winter! I think I will just stay here in my little fly-free zone.
Ahhh, now that the flies are all gone, I can lounge around out in the dry lot during the day and enjoy my hay or take a nap in the sun totally un-accosted. This must be what horse heaven is like.