Ginger the racing pony
- It’s Taco Tuesday!
- Taco Tuesday special report:
- Back in the day, I was a racehorse.
- To graze, or not to graze: that is the question
- It’s a miracle, I tell you, a miracle!
- The fine art of accepting treats from your human
- They called me the Cat Burglar
- Overall, the food here is very good.
- Inquiring minds want to know
- The new guy moves in
- Happy Vaccination Day
- Malfunctioning fly sheet edition
- The great escape
- Dog Days of Summer
- Down and Dirty
- The Quiet One
- Forest Monsters
- When the Farrier Comes
- Mealtime manner
- Happy Hour
- A day in the life.
- The Walking Wounded
- Ginger the racing pony
- Those Dangerous Cows and the Gate
- Drunken sailor and the pregnant lady
- How to eat hay 101
- Fly-free at last
- Body Work Edition
- Rainy days and dry stalls
- The dream galloping edition!
- Where did Mocha go?
Fall is here. I can feel it in the crisp evening air! It makes me feel young again. So young, in fact, that I have been enjoying some sprint races across the dry lot with my girl Ginger.
It isn’t really fair because she has to take four strides to my one, but she is 20 years younger so that has to count for something. I still beat her every time. She, however, can gallop all the way around the dry lot because she is so small, and that she does, bucking and farting (very unladylike behavior, if you ask me) the entire time.
I get to do my fair share of bucking too, but I never fart, that’s rude. After a few sprints back and forth I stand in the middle and egg Ginger on, tossing my head at her when she goes past me! It is funny to watch those little legs going as fast as they can.
After we are all done playing, we settle down and enjoy our hay. The other night while we were eating, she told me she was doing all that running so she could become a racehorse like me. I just laughed and laughed. Can you imagine her going down the stretch racing after the big girls?! Watch out Churchill Downs, here comes Ginger!