They called me the Cat Burglar
- It’s Taco Tuesday!
- Taco Tuesday special report:
- Back in the day, I was a racehorse.
- To graze, or not to graze: that is the question
- It’s a miracle, I tell you, a miracle!
- The fine art of accepting treats from your human
- They called me the Cat Burglar
- Overall, the food here is very good.
- Inquiring minds want to know
- The new guy moves in
- Happy Vaccination Day
- Malfunctioning fly sheet edition
- The great escape
- Dog Days of Summer
- Down and Dirty
- The Quiet One
- Forest Monsters
- When the Farrier Comes
- Mealtime manner
- Happy Hour
- A day in the life.
- The Walking Wounded
- Ginger the racing pony
- Those Dangerous Cows and the Gate
- Drunken sailor and the pregnant lady
- How to eat hay 101
- Fly-free at last
- Body Work Edition
- Rainy days and dry stalls
- The dream galloping edition!
- Where did Mocha go?
- Flying squirrels and giant lizards
- Leo came to town
- It’s Taco Tuesday again!
Now that I am fully retired, I have plenty of time to sit around and remember all the great times I have had. Like in 2011 when I flew around the cross-country course at a very cool place called Chatt Hills.
It was the first-time my now mom, Stacy, and I jumped the fences with the white numbers on black background. It wasn’t my first time, but it was our first time together. I wanted to give her a good ride so we could do it more. It was April and I was at the top of my game. My last time out was right before winter set in and I got to fly around a thing my mom called a steeplechase course. This wasn’t your normal horse trial; it was really fun. Just run fast and jump the jumps.
So when we left the start box at Chatt Hills, I was all about jumping the jumps and running fast. I loved it. I saw those red and white flags and I was like a missile locked on its target. I never missed a fence, not once. I was ready when mom stepped on the gas pedal that day. I have to say, Mom was on it, she was urging me on like never before! And we were like a well-oiled machine.
I guess we ran so fast we got a speeding ticket for going over the time. I didn’t pay much attention to time, that was mom’s job, I just went as fast as she would let me. She did try to slow me down a little before some of the fences and sometimes I listened and sometimes I just said, Huh? What? Slow down? Now? – LEAP –WHEEE – it all worked out because I was like a cat. I always landed on my feet. In fact, they called me the Cat Burglar.
It was a great day… ”SIGH”