Summer Games® Plus: What’s Inside the Tube?
Click here to download a print version of this infographic.
Text-only version of “Summer Games® Plus: What’s Inside the Tube?”
- Handy dosing syringe is easy to take with you on the road or down the trail.
- Affordable price allows you to consistently replenish key electrolytes in appropriate ratios.
- Unique ingredients support optimal performance and speedy recovery during exercise or stressful situations.
- Electrolytes in the proper ratio
- Trace minerals
- Stomach buffers
Electrolytes in the correct ratios play a significant role in supporting:
- Hydration (thirst response)
- Muscle function
- Cellular water balance within your horse’s body
Summer Games® Plus is a unique, dual-action formula. The paste:
- Buffers excess gastric acid
- Coats the sensitive lining of the stomach
- Replenishes the proper ratios of electrolytes and trace minerals depleted when horses sweat
- Contains minimal sugar
Scientifically formulated to replace what horses lose when they sweat
- Summer Games contains a research-proven electrolyte formulation that was originally developed for the horses competing at the 1996 Olympics. Formulated using the results of extensive research studies investigating the composition of sweat, Summer Games contains both key electrolytes and trace minerals in the actual amounts that are present in the sweat.
- Just as important as electrolyte concentration is electrolyte ratio, which is the concentration of electrolytes compared to one another.
- A properly balanced electrolyte such as Summer Games contains a 1:2:4 ratio of potassium (K), sodium (Na) and chloride (Cl), respectively.
- In addition to electrolytes, Summer Games also supplies the macrominerals calcium, phosphorus and magnesium, and the trace minerals copper, iron, manganese and zinc that are typically lost during sweating. These minerals are necessary to support and promote optimal performance.
- Electrolyte supplementation is indicated anytime a horse sweats repeatedly in a day or consistently over the course of several days, regardless of season.
Summer Games Plus Paste is recommended:
- Year-round for horses that exercise routinely
- Anytime an idle horse sweats due to stress or weather
- For horses of all ages that are in training and competing
- When horses sweat during shipping or trailering
- During cold weather to stimulate drinking
Always provide access to clean, fresh water when supplementing electrolytes.
Do not offer electrolytes to a horse that is unable or unwilling to drink water without first consulting a veterinarian.