Trouble Free™: What’s Inside?
Click here to download a print version of this infographic.
Text-only version of “Trouble Free™: What’s Inside?”
Trouble Free™ Powder and Paste
Trouble Free is scientifically formulated to support proper nervous system function and help your horse maintain a more confident, focused, and relaxed disposition.
- Major whey protein found in mammalian milk.
- Contains high quantities of several types of amino acids, including cysteine.
- Researchers believe this compound helps maintain a healthy immune system.
- Contains naturally occurring compounds that the body converts to serotonin, which supports a positive mood and normal stress levels.
- Thiamine, or vitamin B1, plays an important part in the transmission of nerve impulses throughout the nervous system.
- Exercising or stressed horses may have higher thiamine requirements than can be met by diet alone, so supplementation is suggested.
- Horses with little or no access to fresh grass may also require supplementation.
- Thiamine deficiencies can result in a number of different nervous disorders and hyperirritability.
- Taurine is an amino acid that is critical for proper nerve transmission and muscle function.
- Taurine assists in nerve impulse generation by standardizing the flow of electrolytes (potassium, sodium, calcium, and magnesium) in and out of the cell and it acts to stabilize cell membranes.
- Inositol is related to B vitamins and is a common component of cells.
- It supports electrical impulses and nutrient transfer across the cell membrane.
- Inositol is involved in the actions of serotonin, which supports calmness in horses.
- Magnesium helps maintain a calm demeanor by supporting the healthy modulation of electrical potential across cell membranes.
- Sustains healthy sleep patterns and supports normal detoxification.
- While deficiencies can be seen anytime, some horses have major issues in the spring, when fast-growing grasses are high in sugar and low in magnesium. It is not uncommon for some horses to become more excitable at this time of year.
Trouble Free is recommended for:
- Horses that spook, are on edge or nervous.
- Horses in moderate to hard work that need support to remain focused.
- Pregnant and lactating mares that might become stressed by changes in routine, such as moving to a new pasture or going to the breeding shed.
- Growing horses being introduced to new experiences or those facing stressful situations like moving, weaning, or training.
- Horses in training or those with a heavy competition schedule.
- Horses that feel “fresh” in the spring.