Ker-A-Form: What’s Inside the Bucket?
Click here to download a print version of this infographic.
Text-only version of “Ker-A-Form: What’s Inside the Bucket”
Full-fat soybean meal and lecithin
- Full-fat soybeans are abundant in amino acids, the building blocks of protein.
- Full-fat soybeans contain the highest quality protein and the greatest amount of lysine of any protein from a plant source.
- Both soybeans and lecithin contain fatty acids, which help maintain elastic skin, slick, glossy coats and contribute to hoof health by creating a barrier that repels excessive moisture.
- Biotin is a water-soluble B vitamin that is essential for the maintenance of connective tissue found in skin, hooves, and hair.
- Research studies have proven that at least 20 mg per day of biotin is needed to strengthen hooves and promote the growth of healthy hoof walls.
- Zinc is vital for protein metabolism. Because hooves and hair are predominantly composed of protein, zinc is integral to hoof and hair strength.
- Zinc is also critical for proper immune function.
- Ker-A-Form contains zinc proteinate, the form of zinc most easily digested by horses.
Methionine and iodine
- Methionine is an amino acid necessary for proper hoof growth.
- Hoof-building processes depend largely on methionine to bind keratin fibers in the hoof.
- Iodine controls the production of thyroid hormones, which are necessary for optimal health of hair and hooves.
- Research has shown that high-quality yeast cultures help horses maintain a healthy digestive tract and increase the digestibility of nutrients by stimulating the activity of the good microorganisms in the hindgut.
Ounce for ounce, Ker-A-Form provides superior value for your dollar.
A beautiful hair coat, luxurious mane and tail, and strong, resilient hooves.
Ker-A-Form is recommended for:
- Horses and ponies with brittle hooves, dry skin, and/or dull hair coats
- Those that are prone to losing shoes
- Horses or ponies that compete or are being ridden on a regular basis
- Those that are bathed frequently or live outside in extreme weather conditions
- Show and sale horses or ponies that require superior hair coats