Joint Armor™: What’s Inside the Jar
Click here to download a print version of this infographic.
Text-only version of “Joint Armor™: What’s Inside the Jar”
Joint Armor is scientifically formulated to provide the four most essential elements for joint health: glucosamine, chondroitin sulfate, hyaluronic acid, and manganese sulfate.
Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfate
- Glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate are key nutrients necessary for the maintenance of normal joint function.
- Glucosamine is used as a substrate for certain components of the cartilage matrix, while chondroitin sulfate plays an important role in controlling the enzymes associated with inflammation and tissue destruction.
- Numerous studies have documented the benefits of combining these two ingredients to joint health.
- Studies have shown these ingredients complement each other in inhibiting the production of inflammatory cells.
- Interestingly, when these ingredients were used independently of each other, they did not show similar benefits (Orth et al., 2002; Schlueter and Orth, 2004; DeChant et al., 2005).
- Hyaluronic acid (HA) is an integral component of synovial fluid and articular cartilage, and is responsible for lubrication of the joint surfaces.
- While glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate work mainly on the cartilage, HA is more beneficial to the joint fluid.
- Manganese is an important cofactor in the formation of the cartilage matrix and synthesis of connective tissue.
Joint Armor is recommended for:
- Young horses, especially those going into training
- Performance horses and show horses
- Recreational horses
- Broodmares and stallions
- Horses with a history of joint injury or arthritis
One jar is a 75-day supply of the main ingredients your horse needs to support optimal joint health. At the maintenance level, it costs less than a dollar a day to feed.
Joint Armor Helps Former Show Pony Come Out of Retirement
“Arizona is a 24-year-old former show pony who was living in a field by himself. He was extremely overweight and in need of a new home. We took him home and began a rigorous course of diet, limited turnout and exercise with our vet, but found he was stiff and not really happy about being in work. We began Joint Armor for him and were super impressed with not only the great smell but the limited amount needed for results. With just a tiny scoop, as directed, Arizona began to get healthier and became very active as he was feeling better. We had a few of our local 4-H kids come out and exercise him and take him to a local Hunter show. Arizona showed in the 18” pony hunters in his first show and placed fantastic! He also won the Cloverbud walk/trot division with a beginner rider and placed in showmanship. We definitely attribute this to Joint Armor and love the small portions and great flavor for our pony.”
– Lisa-Marie Beckwith