Sunscreen Isn’t Just for People.
- Condition your horses on all different kinds of footing.
- Cold winter days are the perfect time to plan for the upcoming season.
- Bits and Biting
- When learning new things, take baby steps.
- Cross training is great for horses of all disciplines.
- The Dump and Run
- Got pesky skin fungus or rain rot?
- Time to get organized!
- My horse won’t drink. What should I do?
- Like braiding sprays but hate the cost?
- Take good care of your trailer and it will take good care of you.
- 15-minute sessions with your horse from Perfect Partners Equine
- How to fill your hay net the easy way.
- Stay positive
- Putting Effort Into Relaxation
- Does your horse get anxious about jumping?
- Be Sure to Smile and Breathe When You Ride.
- Travel With an Extra Set of Horse Shoes
- Warm-up Strategy for Excitable Horses
- Sunscreen Isn’t Just for People.
- Hoof packing tricks of the trade.
- Expand your horizons.
- Save money by cleaning your own blankets.
- Keeping skin disease away.
- Make your own brush jump
- Whoa means whoa and go means go!
- Quick and easy manure stain remover.
- Nutrition matters!
- Do-it-yourself tire changing.
- Hey, wait for me!
- Do you have a horse that is struggling with skin issues or even thrush?
- Keep a journal of what you have learned
- Need a dressage arena to practice in but you are on a budget? Make your own.
- Seek out a new perspective once in a while
- How to shim a half pad with a yoga mat
By Reese Koffler Stanfield, USDF gold medalist, FEI-certified instructor, owner of Maplecrest Farm
Got white noses in your barn? Break out the sunscreen and apply daily before turning out. I like to use the sunscreen formulated for babies because it is extra gentle and hypoallergenic. Long fly masks help too. Don’t forget to apply it to yourself!
Reese Koffler-Stanfield is a lifelong professional horseman and United States Dressage Federation (USDF) bronze, silver, gold, and gold freestyle bar medalist. Reese operates Maplecrest Farm in Georgetown, Kentucky, a state-of-the-art training facility dedicated to boarding, training, care, and sale of performance horses and sport horses. As a USDF/FEI certified instructor/trainer, she works with a host of talented riders and horses. Reese is also the host of the Horse Radio Network’s Dressage Radio Show. If you have questions for Reese, you can contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.