Travel With an Extra Set of Horse Shoes
- Condition your horses on all different kinds of footing.
- Cold winter days are the perfect time to plan for the upcoming season.
- Bits and Biting
- When learning new things, take baby steps.
- Cross training is great for horses of all disciplines.
- The Dump and Run
- Got pesky skin fungus or rain rot?
- Time to get organized!
- My horse won’t drink. What should I do?
- Like braiding sprays but hate the cost?
- Take good care of your trailer and it will take good care of you.
- 15-minute sessions with your horse from Perfect Partners Equine
- How to fill your hay net the easy way.
- Stay positive
- Putting Effort Into Relaxation
- Does your horse get anxious about jumping?
- Be Sure to Smile and Breathe When You Ride.
- Travel With an Extra Set of Horse Shoes
- Warm-up Strategy for Excitable Horses
- Sunscreen Isn’t Just for People.
- Hoof packing tricks of the trade.
- Expand your horizons.
- Save money by cleaning your own blankets.
- Keeping skin disease away.
- Make your own brush jump
- Whoa means whoa and go means go!
- Quick and easy manure stain remover.
- Nutrition matters!
- Do-it-yourself tire changing.
- Hey, wait for me!
- Do you have a horse that is struggling with skin issues or even thrush?
- Keep a journal of what you have learned
- Need a dressage arena to practice in but you are on a budget? Make your own.
- Seek out a new perspective once in a while
- How to shim a half pad with a yoga mat
By Joe and Penny Most, equine clinicians and owners of Perfect Partners Equine
We suggest to all of our trail riders that they carry a spare set of horseshoes with them when they go on trips. You can ask your farrier to set you up with a set in case you lose a shoe or need a replacement. When you are out on the trail or in a campground it is unlikely there will be a farrier on hand who has a large supply of shoes with them, but you can usually find a farrier in camp or close by that can easily tack a new pair on if you have them with you. This way you will have a matched set of shoes for the rest of your ride and that will improve your horse’s comfort.
About Perfect Partners Equine:
Perfect Partners Equine, established by Joe and Penny Most, offers trail horse clinics, obstacle challenges, and equine vacations for trail riders. Joe and Penny have over 30 years of experience in equine activities such as recreational riding, showing, training, breeding, and long-distance hauling. They bring a wide variety of expertise to the riders who participate in their programs, and they share habits and skills that help riders better understand and communicate with their horses. To join Perfect Partners Equine on one of their many equine clinics, excursions or trail horse retreats, visit perfectpartnersequine.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Penny Most at 336-403-1508.