Micro-Phase™: What’s Inside the Bucket
Click here to download a print version of this infographic.
Text-only version of “Micro-Phase™: What’s Inside the Bucket”
Vitamins and minerals play an important role in almost every system in your horse’s body.
Fat-soluble vitamins A, D, and E
- The levels of these vitamins quickly decline when fresh forage is baled for hay or processed into cubes or pellets. When a horse isn’t grazing on fresh grass, supplementation is necessary to maintain optimal health.
Water-soluble B-complex vitamins
- These vitamins are found in fresh forage and commercial feeds, and are processed in the horse’s gut. When horses are restricted from grazing or don’t eat the recommended amount of commercial feed, then supplementation ensures that optimal levels are maintained so horses can perform to their full potential.
- Calcium makes up 35% of your horse’s bone structure. It supports proper muscle contractions and plays a role in blood clotting.
- Phosphorus makes up 14% to 17% of your horse’s bone structure. It supports energy transfer reactions and plays a role in the synthesis of certain proteins.
- A calcium-to-phosphorus (Ca:P) ratio of between 1.2:1 and 2:1 is ideal.
- Selenium works in concert with vitamin E to defend the body’s cells from damaging oxidative byproducts known as free radicals.
- Copper is necessary for healthy connective tissue, cartilage, and bone.
- Other important functions of copper include red blood cell formation, hoof wall formation, and hair pigmentation.
- Zinc plays a role in healthy hooves
When horses are consuming mainly dried forages or don’t eat the recommended amount of commercial feed, supplementation will fill the gaps to meet your horse’s mineral requirements.
Micro-Phase offers the perfect solution by providing the vitamins and trace minerals necessary to support good health in a tasty, low-calorie pellet.
Micro-Phase is recommended for:
- Easy keepers eating little to no fortified feed
- Easy keepers on restricted grazing routines
- Horses and ponies in light work consuming all-forage diets
- Horses and ponies fed plain grains or unfortified feeds
- Horses and ponies on restricted diets due to obesity issues
- Senior horses or ponies that need a little extra nourishment
Low in calories, high in nutrients, Micro-Phase is scientifically formulated for the easy keeper in your barn.