Like braiding sprays but hate the cost?
- Condition your horses on all different kinds of footing.
- Cold winter days are the perfect time to plan for the upcoming season.
- Bits and Biting
- When learning new things, take baby steps.
- Cross training is great for horses of all disciplines.
- The Dump and Run
- Got pesky skin fungus or rain rot?
- Time to get organized!
- My horse won’t drink. What should I do?
- Like braiding sprays but hate the cost?
- Take good care of your trailer and it will take good care of you.
- 15-minute sessions with your horse from Perfect Partners Equine
- How to fill your hay net the easy way.
- Stay positive
- Putting Effort Into Relaxation
- Does your horse get anxious about jumping?
- Be Sure to Smile and Breathe When You Ride.
- Travel With an Extra Set of Horse Shoes
- Warm-up Strategy for Excitable Horses
- Sunscreen Isn’t Just for People.
- Hoof packing tricks of the trade.
- Expand your horizons.
- Save money by cleaning your own blankets.
- Keeping skin disease away.
- Make your own brush jump
- Whoa means whoa and go means go!
- Quick and easy manure stain remover.
- Nutrition matters!
- Do-it-yourself tire changing.
- Hey, wait for me!
- Do you have a horse that is struggling with skin issues or even thrush?
- Keep a journal of what you have learned
- Need a dressage arena to practice in but you are on a budget? Make your own.
- Seek out a new perspective once in a while
- How to shim a half pad with a yoga mat
By Lisa Barry, FEI 5* Rider and Trainer
Mix a travel size bottle of hairspray with water in a ratio of 1 part hairspray to 4 parts water, and put it in a small spray bottle. It will give you just enough stick to help make your braids beautiful without breaking the bank!
Sponsored by Ker-A-Form™ coat and hoof conditioner. For a glossy hair coat and a luxurious mane and tail, choose Ker-A-Form.
“Ker-a-Form is my favorite hoof and coat supplement! Not only does it produce healthy skin, shiny coats and strong hoof walls, but it’s also palatable and easy on the wallet!”
Lisa Barry is a four-star event rider who has been riding and competing horses for 29 years, and has 16 years of international competition experience. Her horses have had top placings at many FEI events including at the Advanced/CCI4*/CCI5* level. Lisa has trained with Karen O’Connor for 25 years, and has worked for and ridden with Karen and David since she joined the O’Connor program as a working student when she was 17. Lisa competed at the 2015 Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event aboard her beloved FIS Prince Charming, aka “Peanut,” a tiny, feisty New Zealand OTTB. Lisa is currently training and coaching out of Lexington, Kentucky and Ocala, Florida. If you have questions for Lisa or would like to learn more about her program email her at firstname.lastname@example.org