Summer Games® Electrolyte: What’s Inside the Bucket?
Click here to download a print version of this infographic.
Text-only version of “Summer Games® Electrolyte: What’s Inside the Bucket?”
Electrolytes play a significant role in supporting hydration (thirst response), muscle function, and the cellular water balance within your horse’s body.
Scientifically formulated to replace what horses lose when they sweat
- Summer Games® Electrolyte was formulated using the results of extensive research studies investigating the composition of sweat. It contains key electrolytes and trace minerals in the actual amounts that are present in equine sweat.
- Just as important as electrolyte concentration is electrolyte ratio, which is the concentration of electrolytes compared to one another.
- A properly balanced electrolyte such as Summer Games contains a 1:2:4 ratio of potassium (K), sodium (Na) and chloride (Cl), respectively.
- In addition to electrolytes, Summer Games also supplies the macrominerals calcium, phosphorus and magnesium, and the trace minerals copper, iron, manganese and zinc that are typically lost during sweating. These minerals are necessary to support and promote optimal performance.
Summer Games Electrolyte replenishes critical electrolytes in the proper ratios. Supports drinking and maintains hydration.
Each 1-oz serving provides:
- Essential electrolytes
- Important macrominerals
- Valuable trace minerals
Summer Games Electrolyte supplementation is recommended for:
- Performance horses and ponies that sweat during exercise.
- Overweight, idle horses or ponies that sweat a lot, though not in work.
- Horses and ponies that live in hot, humid environments.
- Horses or ponies that sweat during stressful events such as transportation or relocation.
- Equine athletes that train and compete year round.
- Horses and ponies during the cold winter months to stimulate drinking.
Summer Games Electrolyte supplementation is indicated anytime a horse sweats repeatedly in a day or consistently over the course of several days, regardless of season.
Summer Games Electrolyte’s concentrated formula makes it easy to adjust feeding levels to meet your horse’s individual needs.