Don’t let the changing seasons catch your horse off guard.
As the seasons change, so do the quality and content of your horse’s feeding program. Winterizing your horse with Kentucky Performance Products supplements can help him cope with the stress of the changing seasons.
Extreme weather patterns increase the risk of ulcers and digestive upset.
- Abrupt management changes caused by extreme weather patterns stress the digestive tract and the microorganisms that live in it.
- Increasing levels of starchy grains fed to meet additional energy demands lead to hindgut imbalances.
- Reduced grazing causes the accumulation of excess gastric acid, increasing the risk of ulcers.
Choose Neigh-Lox® Advanced to fight seasonal digestive disorders
- Buffers excess gastric acid and coats sensitive tissues, reducing the risk of stomach ulcers
- Maintains a normal GI tract environment, which reduces or eliminates episodes of colic or diarrhea
- Supports complete digestion of starch and sugars in the foregut, thereby reducing the risk of hindgut upset and acidosis
- Supports healing of stomach and colonic ulceration by supplying nutrients to the gastrointestinal tissues
- Sustains the growth and activity of beneficial bacteria throughout the GI tract
Supplemental natural vitamin E protects against seasonal deficiencies that may lead to:
- Stiff, sore muscles in performance, recreational and older horses
- Lower immunity levels in developing fetuses
- Equine motor neuron disease in horses of all ages
Choose Elevate natural vitamin E to support optimal antioxidant status
- Provides affordable, highly digestible, natural vitamin E, which is essential for horses with limited access to fresh pasture
- Maintains healthy levels of antioxidants that support reduced cell damage from oxidative stress
- Supports healthy muscle and nerve cell function
- Sustains a strong immune system to keep horses healthier during stressful times
Protect against unwanted seasonal weight loss with Equi-Jewel® rice bran
Rice bran is packed full of safe calories for horses facing the energy drain that extreme weather can cause. When horses lose weight, it affects more than how they look.
Weight loss leads to:
- Reduced fitness and performance levels in athletic horses
- Poor condition in broodmares and stallions at the start of breeding season
- Unhealthy weight loss in senior horses
Choose all-natural Equi-Jewel to add calories to any ration
- Balanced Ca:P ratio protects against mineral imbalances.
- Fat and fiber support a calm and focused attitude.
- High-fat, low-starch calories reduce the risk of colic from grain overload.
Make sure your horse is properly prepared for the winter season with Kentucky Performance Products supplements. Best of all, trying a KPP supplement is risk free. If you are not 100% satisfied, we will reimburse your money.
Article written by KPP staff.
Copyright (C) 2013 Kentucky Performance Products, LLC. All rights reserved.
Article sponsored by Equi-Jewel, a high-fat, heat-stabilized rice bran. Equi-Jewel is an excellent source of safe calories that support proper muscle function.
When health issues arise, always seek the advice of a licensed veterinarian who can help you choose the correct course of action for your horse. Supplements are intended to maintain healthy systems and support recovery and healing. They are not intended to treat or cure illness or injury.
About Kentucky Performance Products, LLC:
Since 1998, Kentucky Performance Products has simplified a horse owner’s search for research-proven nutritional horse supplements that meet the challenges facing modern horses. KPP horse supplements target specific nutritional needs and are formulated to complement today’s feeds, thus safeguarding against over-supplementation. Each product is scientifically formulated and made with high-quality ingredients at certified manufacturing facilities. Kentucky Performance Products is proud to offer a quality assurance promise backed by a money-back guarantee. Kentucky Performance Products brings you horse supplements you can count on because the horse that matters to you, matters to us.