Summer Games Electrolyte supplementation is indicated anytime a horse sweats repeatedly in a day or consistently over the course of several days, regardless of season.
Summer Games Electrolyte supplementation is recommended for
- Any performance horse or pony that sweats, even mildly, during exercise
- Overweight, idle horses or ponies that sweat a lot, though not in work
- Horses and ponies that live in hot, humid environments
- Horses or ponies that sweat during stressful events such as transportation or relocation
- Equine athletes that continue to work hard through the winter months
- Horses or ponies living in cold climates to stimulate drinking
Always provide access to clean, fresh water when supplementing electrolytes.
Do not offer electrolytes to a horse that is unable or unwilling to drink water without first consulting a veterinarian.