Elevate Se is recommended for:
Elevate Se is formulated specifically for horses that require supplementation with highly bioavailable sources of both vitamin E and selenium. This concentrated formula provides 1,500 IU of natural vitamin E and 1 mg of selenium per 7-gram (1/4-oz) serving.
- Breeding mares, foals, and stallions
- Horses maintained on high-forage diets or diets low in selenium, including overweight horses, laminitic horses, insulin-resistant or metabolically challenged horses
- Horses in exercise, training or competition
- Horses that fatigue quickly during exercise or those that recover slowly after exercise
- Horses with limited access to fresh green pasture or those grazing on pasture in areas where soils are deficient in selenium
- Horses with neuromuscular disease
- Senior horses
Over-supplementation with selenium can result in toxicity, so care should be taken when adding selenium to your horse’s diet. Do not feed more than recommended levels unless instructed to do so by a veterinarian or qualified equine nutritionist. If you are unsure of your horse’s selenium status, consult a veterinarian or equine nutritionist before adding supplemental selenium to the diet.