When to use Elevate Maintenance Powder
Elevate Maintenance Powder can be used to maintain adequate blood levels and is economical for long-term use. Its natural source is highly digestible and readily available to the horse.
When appropriate, Elevate Maintenance Powder can be used to support desired blood levels of vitamin E after a course of Elevate W.S. has been completed.
Elevate Maintenance Powder is recommended for:
- Growing horses of all ages
- Horses experiencing stress during a heavy show schedule, illness/injury, relocation, short-distance trailering or long-distance shipping
- Horses in strenuous training or competition
- Horses maintained on high forage* diets, including overweight horses, laminitic horses, insulin-resistant or metabolically challenged horses
- Horses with compromised immune functions
- Horses with limited access to fresh green pasture or those grazing on winter pasture
- Horses with neurological issues
- Pregnant and lactating mares
- Senior horses
*The vitamin E content of dried forages such as hay is severely diminished, with forages often losing 75% or more of their vitamin content upon harvesting and storing.